Wednesday, November 9, 2016

     In the aftermath of, to me, the electoral darkness that has enveloped America, I know little else to do other than remind myself of the opening lines of Psalm 24.  "The earth is the Lord's, and all that is in it."
     Befuddled and enormously disappointed in the American people, so many of whom were driven to elect the new president out of ignorance, hatred, misogyny, and bigotry, attitudes that I fear this election result will only exacerbate across the nation, I find this to be one of my few solaces.  God is still there.  Though I'm not sure what he thinks of all this, I still believe that he is good, that he is light, and that he cares about his human creation.
     I only hope that the presidential administration that assumes power on January 20, 2017, does the same.
     Pray for the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment